We want to help you support your cause, so we keep your costs low. Here are the current fees for trading in a device and holding a fundraiser:

 

Fees for Supporters:

  • Payment by PayPal to Supporters for a Device Traded In: 2.9% + $0.30 PayPal Payment Fee*
  • Payment by Check to Supporters for a Device Traded: 1% Check Fee*
  • Device Traded In to Support a Fundraiser: 4% Platform Fee*
  • Monetary Donation to a Fundraiser: 3% PayPal Fee + 1% Platform Fee

      *Fee deducted from device’s quoted Trade In value

 

Fees for Fundraisers:

  • Withdrawal of Funds Raised by Paypal: 2.9% + $0.30 PayPal Payment Fee
  • Withdrawal of Funds Raised by Check: 1% Check Fee

 

Examples:

Example 1: Supporter Donates Portion of Phone’s Value to Fundraiser

John Trades in his phone to support fundraiser X. He is quoted $400 for his phone. He chooses to donate 75% of his phone’s value to Fundraiser X and be paid the remaining 25% through PayPal.

In this situation John receives 25% x $400 = $100 minus the PayPal fee of $3.20 ($100 x 2.9% + .30) totaling $96.80. Fundraiser X will receive 75% x $400 = $300 minus the platform fee of $12 (4% x $300) = $288. Paypal will then charge a transfer fee of $8.65 ($288 x 2.9% + $0.30), meaning Fundraiser X will receive a net total of $279.35.

In Summary, when trading in his $400 phone, John will receive $96.80 and Fundraiser X will receive $279.35. Total fees charged are $23.85 on his $400 phone or 5.9625%. Out of that fee, $11.85 is from the PayPal fee (2.96%) and $12 (3%) is from the Platform Fee.

Example 2: Supporter Donates Entire Phone’s Value to Fundraiser

Ellen Trades in her phone to support Fundraiser Y. She is quoted $500 for her new iPhone. She chooses to donate 100% of the phone’s value to fundraiser Y.

In this situation, Fundraiser Y receives $500 minus the $20 platform Fee ($500 x 4%) for a total of $480 through PayPal. PayPal charges a $14.22 PayPal Fee ($480 x 2.9% + $0.30) resulting in Fundraiser Y receiving a net total of $465.78. Total fees charged are $34.22 on her $500 phone or 6.844%. Out of that fee, $14.22 is the PayPal fee (2.844%) and $20 (4%) is the Platform Fee.

Example 3: Monetary Contribution

Mike donates money totaling $1000 to Fundraiser Z through paypal payment. $30 of his payment goes to PayPal fee (%3) and $10 goes to the Platform Fee (1%) for a total of $960. When Fundraiser Z withdraws the $960 funds from the fundraiser through PayPal, Paypal will charge a transfer fee of $28.14 ($960 x 2.9% + $0.30), meaning Fundraiser X will receive a net total of $931.86.

Total fees then are $68.14 or 6.814% of his $1000 donation. Out of the fee, $58.14 is the PayPal fee (5.814%) and $10 (1%) is the Platform Fee.

Example 4: Lowest Fee Scenario

Jane trades in her phone to support fundraiser A. She is quoted $400 for her phone. She chooses to donate 25% of her phone’s value to Fundraiser A and be paid the remaining 75% via a Check.

In this situation Jane receives 75% x $400 = $300 minus the Check fee of $3.00 ($300 x 1%) totaling $297. Fundraiser A will receive 25% x $400 = $100 minus the platform fee of $4 (4% x $100) and the check fee of $1 ($100 x 1%) for a total of $95.

In Summary, when she trades in her $400 phone, Jane will receive $297 and Fundraiser A will receive $95. Total fees charged are $8 on her $400 phone or 2%. Out of that fee, $4 is from the Check fee (1%) and $4 (1%) is from the Platform Fee.