Please follow these steps to prepare your iPhone for trade in to TradeRaiser before shipping it.
- Remove the SIM card, pay the balance of your carrier bill and deactivate the device.
- Disable the “Find My iPhone” feature.
- Tap Settings > [your name] > [your device you are trading in] > Find My iPhone > slide both options to the left off position.
- If you have already mailed the device: sign in to https://www.icloud.com/#find or the Find My iPhone app a different device, select the device you are trading in, and click Remove from Account.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store:
- iOS 10.3 or later: tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- iOS 10.2 or earlier: tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- If you indicated your phone is “unlocked”, contact your carrier to get help with unlocking your phone.
- If your iPhone is paired with an Apple Watch, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Backup your photos and files by following the instructions at this link.
- Erase all Content on your device. Go to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, you may need to enter your Apple ID and password. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device]. We will erase your device for you if you do not erase the data yourself.
- If your device does not power on or you have already shipped the device, you cans still erase it via iCloud. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID that you use with iCloud, then click Find My iPhone. Click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase. In the device’s Info window, click Erase [device]. If the device is online it will be erased, if not it will be erased the next time it is online.
- Do not send any accessories other than the phone charger and connection cable. We discard all cases, earbuds, protective screens, boxes, and manuals.
- Charge your phone before sending it for faster processing.
- If switching to a non-Apple phone, deregister iMessage. Go to Settings, Messages, then turn off iMessage.
- We do not accept phones that have been reported as lost or stolen.
- Offers are valid for 30 days. If you ship your devices more than 30 days after receiving an offer, we will send you an updated offer.